EDF Energies Nouvelles, a leading player in the French wind and photovoltaic energy industry, subsidiary of the EDF Group, is highlighting the growth of its operations in France by announcing:
• the commissioning of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region’s most powerful wind farm, with 66.5 MW in installed capacity
• the launch of construction work on eight wind and solar plants with close to 190 MW in total installed capacity, which are due for commissioning over the next few months
• the success achieved by EDF ENRi’s self-sufficiency offerings in both, the Business sector, in which it has won a total of 10.7 MWp in capacity under the two last calls for tenders, and in the Domestic sector with 1,500 Mon Soleil & Moi installations
• the acquisition in partnership of two wind energy projects under development with a total of 84 MW future capacity.
These developments will help the EDF Group to achieve its major strategic goal under the CAP 2030 plan of increasing renewables’ share in its energy mix.
The Montagne Ardéchoise wind farm extends across five municipalities in the Ardèche department. The 26-turbine facility has 66.5 MW in total installed capacity and is set to generate, for 25 years, the equivalent of the annual electricity consumption of 72,000 people, or over 20% of the Ardèche department’s population.
Up to 150 workers were involved in the two-year construction process. A turbine maintenance unit is planned in the Ardèche highlands, which will create six local and sustainable jobs.
EDF Energies Nouvelles is strengthening its position in France and pursuing growth in wind and solar power.
At present, the Group operates over 1,462 MW in installed capacity in its home market and is building six wind and two solar facilities, totalling close to 190 MW.
EDF Energies Nouvelles is acquiring shareholdings in two wind energy projects in the Occitanie region with a total of 84 MW in installed capacity, under a partnership arrangement.
Lastly, in the competitive solar energy project tenders held by the French government, the Group has won contracts for:
- two large ground-based photovoltaic facility projects, with 15 MWp in total installed capacity
- 24 roof-array self-consumption projects won by EDF ENR, on behalf of its customers, representing 8.7 MWp in total capacity or close to half the 20 MWp awarded.
EDF Energies Nouvelles is a market leader in renewable energy electricity, with a portfolio of more than 9 GW gross installed capacity focused for the most part on wind (onshore and offshore) and solar photovoltaic energy. Mostly operating in Europe and North America, EDF Energies Nouvelles continues its development by taking strong positions in promising emerging areas such as Brazil, Chile, China, India or South Africa. The Company is also present in other segments of the renewable energy market: marine energy, biomass and distributed energies. EDF Energies Nouvelles manages renewable energy projects’ development and construction as well as operation and maintenance for its own account and for third parties. EDF Energies Nouvelles is a subsidiary of the EDF Group dedicated to renewable energy.MEDIA RELATIONS