Project excellence is determined during the development stage. It can take several years. EDF Energies Nouvelles projects fall within the framework of local realities across time.
What are the principal stages of development?
• Site selection and secure authorisation
• Appraisal of natural resources and technical feasibility studies
• Review of project impact and advantages (environmental, economic, and social aspects)
• Contacts with elected officials and civilian population concerning realisations at the local level.
• Intervention and preparation of documents, to obtain a license and authorization to construct a plant and connect to a grid
• Negotiations concerning electricity sales contracts (US)
The competency mobilised by EDF EN
Cartographers identify areas of potential, taking into consideration all of the known constraints to build a plant.
Engineers carry out studies on wind and hours of sunlight (combining theory and practice on site), to estimate the size of a future plant and to validate the feasability of the project, as well.
Developers coordinate all stages of development and represent EDF EN in the presence of elected local official. They also defend the project in front of concerned parties and public authorities.